Sunday, October 11, 2009

Her Story

This story starts out like a lot of others. I am a thirty-something wife, mother, daughter, teacher, and friend. I wear a lot of hats in my life. My hats usually stay the same, it's my pant size that keeps changing. In the last few years I could wear jeans ranging from size 6 to size 14. I have done Weight Watchers and lost 25 pounds but have gained most of it back because writing down points for 100 calorie pack cookies seemed pointless. Pointless because I want to be healthy and basically on Weight Watchers I could still eat a lot of junk and lose the weight. That really isn't what I want. I want to fuel my body with healthy foods but I am not quite sure how to do that without being out of control with portions. It doesn't help that I live with a husband who can eat whatever he wants and not see the effects. But this journey isn't about him it is about me. So I'll probably write about food on here too because the body needs the right fuel in order to function well. I just need to find the right program(maybe Weight Watchers eating healthy foods, hmm there's a thought). I also started the couch to 5k program yesterday. You can read about it here. I know that eating right and exercising go together. I have never been a runner but have always thought I could be one. I also like to walk and do video workouts also playing with my sons in the yard should count for something! This is my way of sharing my journey-the good, the bad, and the ugly. There is this great quote I heard on the Biggest Loser last year "My mind was holding me back all along", that really resonated with me because I can be my biggest enemy or my biggest cheerleader. It is all in the thinking.

Today's report: Eating=crappy(lots of m&ms) really planning on starting with the eating tomorrow. Exercising= taking the dog out for a walk, c25k off day. Overall feeling = blah, sore throat, etc. Really hope I am not getting sick.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm a big fan of C25K. That's how I started last year and I'm just about to run my second marathon.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Hey! thanks for commenting on my blog lately! I just added yours to my reader and look forward to reading more. Just read this first post you wrote, and I totally want to do the C25K! My friend and I looked into doing WW, but I totally see your point now with wanting to eat healthy, not just counting up points for the junk food. LOL! So I may be looking into the c25k tonight. :) I also used to be a runner backin high school, over 10 years ago! LOL! And I would really like to become 'addicted' to it again. LOL! Know what I mean? It sounds like you do. :) Well Im gonna get back to reading more of your blog. ttyl! -LeeAnn

Post a Comment

 

san diego foreclosures