Saturday, April 10, 2010

C25K W1 and W2

Sooo, I have been doing the Couch 2 5k running plan. It is basically interval training where you walk then run for an allotted amount of time. I have completed week 1, it was pretty easy. Run for 60 seconds recover for 90 seconds by walking. I have done two days so far of week 2. The first day kicked my butt. It was a very windy day so basically the whole time that I was running/walking the wind was hitting me in the face directly or from the side. There was moment when I was running that I felt like I was just running in place. The last 90 second run that I did I just kept repeating to myself "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" It was hard but I did it! I also think that part of the problem was that I hadn't drank enough water for the day so I was dehydrated. I came home and immediately downed a bottle of water.
Last nights run was better. It was less windy and the run segments seemed easier. Although, I know now not to eat two small pieces of pizza for pre-run fuel(duh). I kept burping and had heartburn by the end. I usually like to eat almonds or pb and banana. I guess that is what I need to stick to! It is funny but I really didn't feel like running(I am not sure if I should call what I am doing running yet because I am walking part of the time) but I knew that there are people who know about what I am trying to do and I didn't want to seem like a slacker for them or myself. It is funny that facebook is keeping me accountable to this training. I do feel great now that I did it. I really like it and I look forward to doing it. I haven't walked once during any of the runs which makes me feel proud.
Something I am not so proud of is my eating habits. I have been indulging in some Reeses Peanut Eggs that I got for a $1 at Wal-mart the day after Easter. I haven't been keeping track of what I am eating and it shows on the scales. Plus over all I just feel crappy. So I guess I need to run and jump back on the Weight Watchers wagon. I want to lose weight but what I really want is to feel better and be healthier!
Maybe someday Marc will get on here and write something. He is supposed to be running a 5k with me but I haven't seen him run yet. I know he will though. It is too bad we can't run together but that would mean that we would have to leave our 5 & 8 year old sons home alone and authorities seem to frown on that! So for the time being this is my running partner.









This is one of our dogs. His name is Roscoe. He is a pretty good running partner but he keeps running off to chase bunnies or other dogs or cows. He does help me feel protected in case some crazy in a car decides to stop and kidnap me while I am running. Or at least I hope he would protect me unless of course he is chasing a squirrel somewhere!

Do you run with your dog? or do you have a human running partner? or do you prefer to run alone?

1 comment:

Jenny O-C said...

Maybe you could bring the kids with you? Could they keep up? Or they could ride bikes? Family running outing!

Post a Comment

 

san diego foreclosures