Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weekend Update

A few random things:
  1. I lost 1 pound the week before vacation. I exercised three times and wrote down every thing that I ate with points. The result: only a pound. Hmm, I will keep going. 21 day dang it(with a slight hiatus for spring break vacation)!
  2. We just returned from a fabulous vacation in the Smokey Mountains. I indulged in all kinds of "bad" things like chips, drinks, and two separate meals that were probably 1,000 calories each(Applewood and Flapjacks). A good time was had by all! It was vacation, I REFUSE to feel guilty!
  3. On the same vacation our family took a 5.6 hike through the The Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It was a beautiful day with gorgeous scenery! I think I would like to take up hiking as a hobby at least geocaching.
  4. Marc and I made a pact today that we will run a 5k together this spring. I am going to start training using the couch to 5k program (C25k). Confession: I have never been a runner. I was talking today about how one time I was made to run a mile for time in Strength and Conditioning class in high school. I think I cried during the mile and spewed words of hate towards the teacher under my breath. Marc so kindly pointed out to me after my story "Gee honey you were probably in pretty good shape back then too." Thanks honey for the encouragement!
  5. I am glad we had a vacation but in the next few weeks life is going to get crazy busy. Carson starts soccer practices and games. Jackson starts baseball practices and games. I have to clean out and pack up my classroom to move to another classroom. Kindergarten Round Up for Carse(sniff). Easter holiday. Spring! Relay for Life! Fundraisers for baseball. May birthdays and our anniversary! Plus everyday life!
  6. I have dvred "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution". I am waiting for Marc to finish playing the wii so that I can watch it. Is it a little sick of me to be excited about watching the sad state of America's eating habits and especially school lunches? or maybe I am just excited to see Jamie Oliver's cute face and hear his cute British accent. That is sick too, huh?
  7. I got a good book by Liz Curtis Higgs called "Embrace Grace". It is really good and I especially like the questions at the end of each chapter. The book is really helping me become more focused on God and my relationship with him. Not bad for a $5.99 book!
Well, this entirely too long and probably no one has read all of this or any of it but it feels good to share even if it is for myself. If you did read all this I would love to have you comment, even if it is just a "hey whats up"!

Later Gators!

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to hear things are going well.

Post a Comment

 

san diego foreclosures