Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today is the First Day.......

I wish that I had this amazing news that in the last two months since writing on here that I(we) have made this big turn around in our lifestyle. That we are on our way to optimal health but to be honest we are basically treading water around here at the Two Steps household. A matter of fact things are stressful with both the husband's and I jobs. My reaction to stress is to eat and it isn't carrots that I am choosing either. Cakes and cookies, chips and dips are my soother of choice. The husband just becomes a big stress ball who falls asleep at 9 at night in a coma like state. We are the poster children of what not to do.
But wait......in the midst of this I have hope. I know the direction to go. I want to either start Weight Watchers(on my own because of finances) Core or Flex again. I have plenty of DVDs to get me exercising again. I just bought a new organizing book. I find inspiration here, here,here, and here. As the old Nike slogan says "JUST DO IT". I think what I am realizing is that my circumstances do not have to control my life but I have to control my life in the circumstances.
I was reading the blog BitchCakes last night and she was talking about The Last Straw Moment when you just decide this is it. ENOUGH. Frankly, I have had enough of feeling crappy. There is a moment that I remember of feeling good-happy-healthy and it was two years ago. We were in PetSmart and I picked up a 20 pound bag of dog food(they don't make 25 pound bags) to see what I had been carry around on my body. At the time I had lost 25 by doing Weight Watchers and I felt good- proud of myself. I felt healthy and happy. In control of my life.
Fast forward to today, I have gained it all back. I am carry around the bag of 20 pound dog food on my back. It is heavy, cumbersome, and over all just not attractive. I know it, I am embarrassed but now it is time to move on. This is the last straw for me. I want to be here for my boys. I want to be fit at forty. I am tired of feeling like a bump on a log. This is only a speed bump in my journey of my life. I am getting over it and moving on!

To quote the great Michael Jackson:
I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .

Let the journey begin!

Oh and btw: GO COLTS!!!

Have you ever had a last straw moment or had to start over? How did you do it? and Who you picking in the Super Bowl? Colts all the way here, you know we are from Indiana!!

2 comments:

Jenny O-C said...

Kim I wish you lived in Indy. I'd drag you to the Y with me! Good luck, though. If you want to talk or share healthy snack/food ideas let me know!
And Go Colts!!!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Trust me, stress and so forth are a lot easier to deal with if you get fitter!

Post a Comment

 

san diego foreclosures