Monday, February 15, 2010

FAIL!

I am a total failure. I admit it. I just can't seem to stick to it. Eating right, Weight Watchers Plan, exercise plan, or all of the above. I feel ashamed about it. I feel gross and frumpy. My clothes don't fit like they should. Last week I had a few really good days where I did things pretty much on plan and I exercised. Then stress, life, Valentines Days, snow days, etc came. Then: FAIL!

It is so strange because when I was at my lowest weight I didn't recognize myself as that thin person. My brain hadn't caught up with my body. Now I have my old body back and I don't want my brain to accept this body either. So I have a choice now I guess. Am I going to keep talking about what I should do? or Am I going to take action and do it?

I read the book The Noticer over the weekend. It is a great book! One of the things that struck me in one of the chapters was the main character Jones was talking to another man about change. This is what he said "Five seagulls are sitting on a dock. One of them decides to fly away. How many seagulls are left?" Most people will say four. Listen to Jones' answer " No," Jones responded "There are still five. Deciding to fly away and actually flying away are two very different things. Listen carefully to me. Despite popular belief to the contrary, there is absolutely no power in intention. The seagull may intend to fly away, may decide to do so, may talk with the other seagulls about how wonderful it is to fly, but until the seagull flaps his wings and takes to the air, he is still on the dock. There's no difference between that gull and all the others. Likewise, there is no difference in the person who intends to do things differently and the one who never thinks about it in the first place. Have you ever considered how often we judge ourselves by our intentions while we judge others by their actions? Yet intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best of you. If you have changed show evidence of it."

I have good intentions but they won't mean anything until I spread my wings and fly! I am ready to soar!

Just for your reading pleasure, a random Glee! quote:
"Are you questioning my Badassness!" I mean look at my Guns! Puck talking to Rachel
This show is my guilty pleasure! Love, love, LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

san diego foreclosures